Banana bread with nuts and chocolate pieces
Today I would like to share my favourite recipe for a healthy banana bread with you.
Who doesn't love the banana bread? Meanwhile, it is one of the favourite cakes I bake. Especially when it's still lukewarm, I couldn't get enough of it. But banana breads can be small calorie bombs. So if you want to pay a little attention to it, you have to be quite self-contained - but you can also just bake a sugar-reduced version for a healthy banana bread. For example with this recipe!
The recipe is very easy to change, and that's what I love about it. If you only change one ingredient, you get a completely different taste. And the basic dough can be combined with nuts, chocolate and fruit - so you can make your own thing out of it!
This recipe for healthy banana bread is super easy. The banana bread with chocolate drops is juicy and soft and can be easily veganized. By adding apple sauce, the banana bread does not need any butter or oil. The walnuts and chocolate chips can of course replace any other nuts or fruits if necessary.
Ingredients for a banana bread
3-4 very ripe bananas
2 Eggs or vegan egg substitute
2 TABLESPOONS Agave syrup
120 g unsweetened applesauce
1 TEASPOON Vanilla extract
250 g Whole spelt flour
50 g chopped walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
60 g Dark chocolate drops
½ Package of baking powder
1 TSP Cinnamon
1 Pinch of salt
Resources: box mould, 2 mixing bowls, mixer
- Preheat the oven to 180º C top/bottom heat. Grease the baking tin or line it with baking paper.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until a pulp is formed. Add the applesauce. Add the remaining liquid ingredients (eggs or egg replacer, vanilla extract and agave syrup) and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the baking powder, flour, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and add the liquid ingredients.
- Mix everything well until a dough is formed.
- Then fold in the nuts and chocolate drops and fill the finished dough into the box form. Now further chocolate drops can be spread on the dough for decoration.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Check with the chopstick test whether the banana bread is cooked and then, when it is completely baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool down. Then cut it into pieces about 1 cm wide.
Preparation time: approx. 50 minutes (10 minutes preparation + 40 minutes baking time)
Nutritional values per piece*185 kcal / 26 g carbohydrates / 7 g protein / 6 g fat
* results in 12 pieces
If you would like to discover more recipes or learn more about healthy eating, mindfulness or sustainability, take a look here over.