Today I will introduce you to a rather simple, but also super delicious Granola recipe.
Granola is basically nothing more than a crunchy muesli. Because it is roasted in the oven, it gets its typical crunchy texture and this is how some of its aromas really come to the fore.
Every time I am looking for muesli, I notice the high amount of added sugar that is contained in most ready-made mueslis. Because none of these products have been able to fully convince me so far, I thought I could simply create a muesli myself - and do so according to my personal taste, as crunchy muesli.
This is how this Granola recipe came into being, which of course can be adapted or extended as desired. You can throw together your favourite ingredients as you please and thus create a unique creation every time. The beauty of this is that you always know exactly what's inside. Moreover, it is probably one of the simplest recipes you can imagine.
In this Granola recipe I have mixed various nuts, berries and seeds with cinnamon. It gets its crunchy texture from the added coconut oil. The crunchy muesli refines any smoothie-bowls, yoghurts and desserts and provides that certain crunch. The mixture of sweet fruits and nutty flavours creates a very special taste that you can't get enough of.
I deliberately do not specify exact quantities, as I think it makes the most sense to dose according to your own taste - then it will certainly taste best
Chia and/or linseed
Goji berries, mulberries and/or cranberries
Tools: oven, baking tray, baking paper, sharp knife, cutting board
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place the baking paper on the baking tray and sprinkle oat flakes on the paper. The oatmeal is the base of our granola, so all the paper should be covered.
- Chop the pecan and hazelnuts into small pieces and then sprinkle them on the baking tray together with linseeds and pumpkin seeds. Although I am not the biggest hazelnut fan myself, I consider them an important component here, as they develop a very special aroma when baked. The pumpkin seeds add a pleasant spice.
- Sprinkle one or two pinches of salt and then cinnamon over the baking sheet.
- Mix the ingredients together, add honey and coconut oil and mix everything well a second time. It is best to mix the mixture with your hands, especially if the coconut oil is still firm.
- Then bake the muesli mixture in a medium oven for about 10-15 minutes, until not only your home smells wonderful, but the mixture also turns a light brownish colour. However, as the granola can burn quickly if left in the oven for too long, it is best to check your crunchy muesli every now and then.
- Finally, let the baking tray cool down and then add the coconut shavings and the mulberries, goji berries and cranberries to the granola. It is important that these components are not baked with the granola, as they would burn in a flash.
- Add the granola to your yoghurt or smoothie and enjoy. Or just snack it straight!
Preparation time: about 20 minutes
Have fun trying it out!
If you would like to discover other recipes besides this Granola recipe or learn more about healthy eating, mindfulness or sustainability, take a look here over.